After almost a year of the launch of the OnePlus Nord 2 smartphone, the brand has finally brought a suitable successor to the device. OnePlus Nord 3 has been unveiled recently and it is already getting positive response from people. But do you think OnePlus Nord 3 did anything better than the previous device?
Let’s compare the major features and specifications of both these Nords to get a better idea about them:
- Both the Nords contain a really good design and structure, but OnePlus Nord 3 is slightly heavier than the previous device. This smartphone measures 8.2mm in terms of its size but weighs about 193.5g and has Dragontrail glass for durability. OnePlus Nord 2 measures 8.3mm but weighs just 189g and has Gorilla Glass 5 for durability.
- The display in OnePlus Nord 3 has definitely turned better. Although both these devices support Fluid AMOLED and HDR10+, OnePlus Nord 2 has a 6.43-inch display with a 90Hz display refresh rate and 1080p display resolution. Against this, OnePlus Nord 3 has a 6.74-inch display with a 120Hz display refresh rate and 1240p display resolution.
- There has been a drastic change in the processor support of the device and it has definitely turned much better. OnePlus Nord 2 uses a MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor which is 6nm in size and clocked at 3GHz. It also has an Arm Mali-G77 MC9 as the GPU and OxygenOS 11.3 support. Against this, OnePlus Nord 3 comes equipped with a MediaTek Dimensity 9000 processor which is just 4nm in size and is clocked at 2.05GHz. It also contains an Arm Mali-G719 MC10 as the GPU and OxygenOS 13.1
- Both the smartphones lack memory card support and the max internal storage still remains the same at 256GB. However, OnePlus Nord 3 comes with as much as 16GB RAM support against 12GB RAM support in OnePlus Nord 2 device.
- Talking about the camera support, while the sensors remain the same, most features seemed to have been turned down. Both these smartphones contain 50MP + 8MP + 2MP triple rear camera support along with 4K video recording support. However, while OnePlus Nord 2 supported dual LED flash and has a 32MP front camera, OnePlus Nord 3 contains an LED flash support with just a 16MP front camera.
- The battery section has definitely turned better with the new device. OnePlus Nord 2 has a 4500mAH battery and it comes with 65W fast charging support as well. Against this, OnePlus Nord 3 did better with a 5000mAh battery that comes with 80W fast charging support. No doubt, the newer devices did much better in both the battery and the charging support.
- Both these smartphones contain an under-display, optical fingerprint sensor along with a face unlock feature. They also contain USB Type-C 2.0 support with an OTG feature. However, OnePlus Nord 3 comes with an Infrared port but this is absent in the OnePlus Nord 2 device.
These are some of the major features of the OnePlus Nord 2 and OnePlus Nord 3 devices and if you leave the camera section aside, most features definitely see an upgrade in the OnePlus Nord 3 device. Honestly, I think OnePlus Nord 3 is a much better option and the idea to put a flagship MediaTek processor in the device at such a low cost would attract the buyers quite a bit. What do you think?