MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ vs MediaTek Dimensity 6080: The Major Differences
You might find it interesting.
MediaTek chips are actually ruling the budget segment of smartphones across the world and the brand is launching new products every now and then to impress smartphone users.
A few weeks back, MediaTek launched a number of budget-segment smartphone processors, and MediaTek Dimensity 6080 was one of them. And very recently, it launched the new MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ which is also attracting budget buyers quite a bit. But which one of these processors will be a better option for you?
Let’s compare the major features of MediaTek Dimensity 6080 and MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ chips to offer you a better idea about them:
MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ vs MediaTek Dimensity 6080:
- Starting with the benchmark scores, MediaTek Dimensity 6080 did slightly better in the AnTuTu 9 benchmark scores and scored about 405k points. Against this, MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ scored about 340k points on this. Besides, MediaTek Dimensity 6080 also did better in the single-core and multiple-core GeekBench 5 test.
- Talking about the CPU section, both these smartphone chips contain the same kind of cores. Both contain 2 x Arm Cortex-A76 cores and 6 x Arm Cortex-A55 cores. However, the major difference between these is the clock speeds, where the higher cores in the MediaTek Dimensity 6080 chip are clocked to a max of 2.4GHz, and those in MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ chip are clocked to a max of 2.2GHz. Other than this, both have similar CPU features and are just 6nm in terms of chipset size.
- Both these smartphone chips are very similar in terms of GPU support. They contain the same ARM Mali-G57 MC2 as the GPU support and this is clocked to a max of 950MHz.
- Talking about memory specifications, both these smartphones support up to LPDDR4X type memory with 2133MHz memory frequency and a max bandwidth of 17Gbit/s. However, there is a slight difference in the max memory supported by the platforms. While MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ supports up to 12GB memory, MediaTek Dimensity 6080 can support up to 16GB RAM in smartphones.
- The multimedia features in both devices are pretty similar and both of them can support up to 108MP max cameras. Besides, they support 2K video capture and playback too along with other similar multimedia features.
- Talking about connectivity, MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ seems to be a better option with a max download speed reaching 3300Mbps and Bluetooth 5.2 support. Against this, MediaTek Dimensity 6080 chip supports up to 2770Mbps download speeds and up to Bluetooth 5.1
So launched within a span of a month, MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ could be called slightly similar but very different in terms of their specifications. Though you might not have noticed, MediaTek Dimensity 6080 chip is actually an enhanced version of the MediaTek Dimensity 810 processor. No doubt, both these smartphone chips are considered a part of the budget segment.
And while there have been smartphones already with the MediaTek Dimensity 6080 chip, the ones with MediaTek Dimensity 6100+ are about to come. So I am expecting pretty good performances with the new Dimensity chip as well. What do you think about its features?