Amazon Fire tablets are some of the cheapest and yet the most effective technological products. If you compare them with their counterparts, they would cost considerably less and yet deliver the same or even better features for better usage.
Just as Amazon comes up with tablets with newer features every now and then, the latest ones in the Fire HD series are the Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet series which was launched in April 2021 and this series saw 2 tablets which are quite regular for the users. Among these, the higher variant is named as Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus tablet that costs around $150 and the lower sibling is the Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet that costs about $130.
But did you notice the differences between the two tablets and did you think about the reason for the difference in the costs? Well, if you did not, let me tell you some of the major similarities and the differences between the Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet and the Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus tablet that have been launched by the brand.
Similarities between Amazon Fire HD 10 and Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus:
- Both Amazon Fire HD 10 and Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus tablets have no cellular connectivity and you can expect this with most of the tablets these days. Actually, there are many tablets that come up with SIM card slots and allow you to make calls as well, but these Amazon Fire HD 10 tablets are not equipped with the feature.
- Both the Amazon Fire HD 10 tablets are exactly similar in dimension. They measure 247 mm x 166 mm x 9.2 mm (9.72 x 6.54 x 0.36 in) in size but differ a little bit in terms of weight and to find this difference of weight, you need to scroll down a little bit.
- Both the Amazon Fire HD 10 tablets contain a 10.1-inch display with an IPS LCD screen and about 72.1 percent screen-to-body ratio. They have a display resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels and a display aspect ratio of 16:10.
- Both the Amazon Fire HD 10 tablets are powered by a Mediatek MT8183 chipset that is also known as MediaTek Helio P60T chipset. This is octa-core in structure and is clocked at 2GHz. Both of them contain Fire OS 7 as the operating system over the Android Pie Operating system and the GPU used in both of these tablets is Mali-G72 MP3.
- Both Amazon Fire HD 10 tablets contain a similar camera section as well. They contain a 5MP rear camera and a 2MP front camera and both of them sound good enough. For tablets, I am of the view that these should contain a better front camera because the tablets are mostly used for video calls and not taking pictures of people. This is one change that can come in handy for people in most cases.
- The connectivity specifications are also quite similar in both these devices and most often, you would find the battery backup too quite similar in the devices.
Differences between Amazon Fire HD 10 and Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus:
- As aforementioned, there is a bit of difference in the weights of the devices, and the Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus tablet weights 468g against 465g Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet. This is not a difference at all but a difference is always a difference.
- Both the devices occur in 2 variants of RAM and ROM but there is a major difference here. Even when the 32GB and 64GB ROM is the same in both the devices, the Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus is accompanied by 4GB RAM in both the devices while Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus is accompanied by only 3 GB RAM in the devices.
- Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus tablet is also accompanied by Fast Wireless charging support while Amazon Fire HD 10 does not have such support.
So as you see, these are some of the major differences between Amazon Fire HD 10 Plus and Amazon Fire HD 10 tablets launched in 2021 and if you are looking for one of these, I think these are a great choice for their cost.